Release of Podcast Interview
I am happy to share the release today of the podcast interview I had with Andrea Constantine on “Community for the Soul”. Andrea was the designer for the interior of my book, Voice of Suicide, Voice of Hope. She honored me by asking if I would be a guest on her podcast. I agreed, because I felt it’s important to discuss this difficult but important subject of suicide. She brings to light during the interview the need for awareness of the increase of suicide in our community and nation. She also realizes the need for sincerely listening to each other, to our kids, to our families, to our friends, because she, too, was touched by the suicide of her own father when she was very young.
To listen to this podcast, click here.
Here are some of the highpoints and questions that were explored during the podcast:
- Take the time to really listen, to hear the story, to hear what’s going on with those you care about.
- Ask the question, have you ever thought about harming yourself? Have you thought about suicide?
- Up until now we haven’t had the tools to talk about suicide.
- Who is that safe person I can talk to? Where is that safe place that I can go?
- Move from quiet desperation to an honest conversation.
- Take time with each other, our spouses, our friends, and our kiddos. We need time with them to do that.
- One note about some information that was shared by Andrea: She mentions that I work with the “Comfort Guide Dog Ministry”. Easy to confuse the two. I work with the LCC K-9 Comfort Dog Ministry through Redeemer Lutheran Church. I also have a personal guide dog from Guide Dogs for the Blind that assists me, since I am legally blind.
My hope is that you’ll be able to take the time to listen to the podcast, listen with new ears to those you love, and find encouragement and hope at this time of year from Jesus, the Savior born for you and for me.
Wishing you a very blessed Christmas,